There are a lot of disciplines relative to spiritual development on this planet. The one that I am about to reveal to you is what I would consider and suggest to you as being the most effective, the most efficient, and overall the only way that you should really do it. When you examine the levels of consciousness, these dimensions that exist within you – remember, you are multi-dimensional, you are multi-faceted – it is important that you begin to polish these facets within your nature, looking like a beautiful gemstone that a gemologist or a jeweler has fashioned and polished. All of the facets of the gemstone reflect the light. Your consciousness can be likened unto a gemstone. So, if you were to begin the process of genuine spiritual development in this lifetime, you not only must study into the areas abstractly of metaphysics, parapsychology and the occult, but you must be committed to it for the rest of this lifetime and beyond. This isn’t something where you are going to take a course for three or four weeks or three or four months and get all the information you need. But here is where you start:
- You start with your emotional body. Feelings win out over thoughts every time. It is the most powerful part of your consciousness. You must balance the emotional self. That means that you must deal with your past issues emotionally. This process deals directly with that issue. You must find a balance within your emotional body that is peaceful to you – calm, serene, solid, where you can express emotion, not control it. You don’t want to control natural spontaneity. This is, in effect, learning to live in the heart. This is what Jesus taught. This is where he lives – in his heart. Still.
- Once you have cleaned up the residues of your past, and you have looked at the emotional residues of these lifetimes that you have carried over, you are then ready to develop the mental self. Developing the mental self is like developing a muscle. If you go to a gymnasium and exercise a muscle over a period of time, you are going to have a very strong, good, workable muscle. Your mind is like a muscle if you treat it like a muscle. You read, but you read things that are quality stuff. You meditate. Develop the ability to hold your mind steady so that it doesn’t wander. One of the techniques that was given to a disciple in the latter part of the last century which was told to me was to get an object that is meaningful to you that you can put in your pocket or purse and carry it with you. Several times each day, take that object out and put your mind on that object and concentrate on it. Try to hold your mind steady on that object and when you find it wandering, bring your mind back to it. Each time that you do this little technique you are strengthening your ability to hold your concentration for longer periods of time. Now, concentration is not necessarily meditation because meditation goes beyond the ability to concentrate. But in order to get control of your mind, you have to be able to hold it steady. You have to be able to put it on one particular object or one particular thing and hold it there so that nothing can shake it.
- Once you have developed the ability to concentrate and you have cleaned your emotional house, then you want to get these two vehicles functioning together. You want to figure out what feelings trigger what thoughts and what thoughts trigger what feelings so that you can harmonize the functioning of the emotional and mental self. You want them in harmony with each other because this, basically, is where the wars are – between the mental and the emotional self.
- Once you find harmony between your mental and emotional self, you are then prepared to open to transcendental experience. And these two other steps must be simultaneous. You must begin to examine what is transcendental experience. Transcendental experience is anything beyond that which is your physical senses. You have the capacity to be clairvoyant, clairaudient, and clairsentient. But in the process of opening the perceptive doors, you must understand and recognize that transcendental experience is the key to your freedom, if it is done responsibly. This means you must begin to study the transcendental glands and organs of your body. You must understand the functioning of the glands and organs of your body and you must begin to understand what it is that stimulates the functioning of these glands and organs in your body, especially the transcendental glands and organs, which are from the waist up. In that process, you are going to be stimulated with a lot of sensitivity. We are not talking about just a few months here. It might be a year, two or three. For some it might be ten years, and it might be a lifetime for some others.
- Once that is done then you are prepared to open to spirit and soul consciousness.
Those are the five steps:
- Balance the emotional body
- Develop the mental self
- Harmonize the emotional and mental bodies
- Examine the transcendental experience and the physical glands and organs
- Open to spirit and soul consciousness